welcome to mies and peas!

your nonstop source of everything science of architecture, including information for the ARE, LEED, and PE exams.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

MIES - More Architectural Content


Lately, I haven't had much time to devote to this blog, but in the time I have had I've realized one grave mistake I made: this is an architectural blog, and frankly, it lacks architectural design content.


Fortunately, that is about to change. After spending a couple of weeks to recollect my own spirits after a grueling two years worth of piling up on engineering leveling courses, I feel somewhat ready to tackle this problem. In a way, it's kind of illuminating, how when one is so focused he/she may lose focus of what initially was very important to them. The month-long break, which was truly needed, brought this to light in many ways.


One of the ways was just by uncovering old sketchbooks I had used in Italy. Another way was by just landscaping in my own backyard. But perhaps the best way was just by talking with old friends who I hadn't seen since college and who, themselves, were very much involved in the architectural community in Los Angeles. Even in a down economy, they were managing fairly well, and given their effervescence I was reminded of how truly great a good design can be.


So, overall, this blog is going to change a little. And while it will still remain a compendium of everything architectural information, it's also going to showcase how the best architects out there put this stuff together. And I will do my best to showcase architects doing architecture and not designers doing architecture, as I feel the latter probably has little to do with the soul of this blog.


So sit back, read, and enjoy the ride. Things are about to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment