welcome to mies and peas!

your nonstop source of everything science of architecture, including information for the ARE, LEED, and PE exams.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

MIES - The Integration of Greg Lynn

I fear I'll always be late to the party. Trends, movements, eras, styles - all could easily pass me by. But Greg Lynn? He probably defines them. And although I understand approximately 2% of what he does, my ignorance does not absolve me from being a responsible designer. Lynn's important. How do I know this? Well, it's easy to see:









In his book Folding in Architecture, Lynn discussed how calculus is changing architecture. Personally, I think it's the natural counterpoint that it's the CNC router, which can turn all these Jetsons-like designs into full-blown realities, that is changing architecture perhaps a little bit more. But whatever Lynn is doing, I'm paying attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment