welcome to mies and peas!

your nonstop source of everything science of architecture, including information for the ARE, LEED, and PE exams.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

SS - And Now For Something Completely Different

As of last month, I started taking courses to become a structural engineer. This, I thought, would be a nice complement to being an architect already.

If I'm to admit the truth, after taking several ARE exams, I've sort of reluctantly fallen in love with the idea of being structurally trained. The structures exams are widely considered the most difficult on the ARE, therefore one should (I believe) overcompensate in this realm of design. Reading the diaries of many architects, such as Frank Lloyd Wright and Mies van der Rohe, who enjoined their pupils to take on the science of the profession, further illustrates the truth that great architecture lies in great construction.

So this is a gift to you - namely, the homework problems that I've taken in my structural analysis courses. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment